Carrie Ann Inaba New National Celebrity Ambassador for USA Dance
USA Dance Announces Carrie Ann Inaba, Celebrity Judge on ABC-TV's
'Dancing With the Stars' as Official National Celebrity Ambassador
CORAL GABLES, FL – USA Dance, Inc., the National Governing Body for DanceSport in the United States and representative for all social and recreational ballroom and Latin dancers throughout America, has announced today that Carrie Ann Inaba, celebrated judge on ABC-TV’s Emmy Award-winning prime-time reality TV show “Dancing With The Stars,” has accepted USA Dance’s offer to serve as the non-profit organization’s National Celebrity Ambassador, effective immediately. She will be attending the upcoming USA Dance 2012 National DanceSport Championships in Baltimore, March 30 – April 1, at the Renaissance HarborPlace Hotel.
At the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships, Carrie Ann will serve as Honorary Judge and presenter of the 3rd annual USA Dance Star Quality Awards, during the evening competitions on Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31, 2012. The USA Dance Star Quality Awards for 2012 are sponsored by renowned Swiss watchmaker Ernest Borel.
Carrie Ann Inaba’s new ambassador spokesperson position for USA Dance officially launches the organization’s new USA Dance Ambassador Program, whereby USA Dance members, athletes, affiliates and representatives take on a greater leadership and outreach role within the organization, defined by their areas of influence and willingness.
USA Dance and Carrie Ann have enjoyed a close working relationship since 2009, when Carrie Ann became the official honorary judge and presenter for the first-annual USA Dance Star Quality Awards in Baltimore and the second-annual awards in 2010 in Los Angeles.
At the event in Baltimore, Carrie Ann will also attend numerous VIP events and make several guest appearances on the Red Carpet, where athletes, guests and fans can meet/greet the new Celebrity Ambassador, obtain autographs and have their photo taken with Carrie Ann and other attending celebrities and officials.
About USA Dance National DanceSport Championships, Baltimore, March 30-April 1:
More than 1,100 of America’s top ballroom and Latin dance competitors will compete in Baltimore, Mar. 30 – Apr 1, at the 32nd annual USA Dance 2012 National DanceSport Championships, organized and hosted by USA Dance, Inc., the National Governing Body for DanceSport in the United States, and USA member organization of the U.S. Olympic Committee and the World DanceSport Federations (WDSF). The three-day, continuous dance event will be held at the Renaissance HarborPlace Hotel in Baltimore, starting at 8 am and until 11 pm each day.
General admission and VIP tickets are available to the general public and a sell-out crowd is expected to attend. Tickets can be purchased at registration for the day-time sessions, but tickets for the both day and night-time competitions and shows can also be purchased in advance online to assure availability of seats. The final rounds of the championships divisions are scheduled during the evening sessions. The USA Dance Nationals website is www.usadancenationals.com or interested attendees may also call 646-734-9666.
Celebrating its 32nd year, the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships is the official national championships for amateur Ballroom and Latin competitive dancing, a recognized sport by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), classified as DanceSport. And with Ballroom and Latin dancing popularity at an all-time high globally, the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships has become the most prestigious and largest competitive dance event of its kind in America. In addition to national championship titles bestowed at the event, USA Dance also selects champions for the United States’ World DanceSport Teams that compete globally at the World Championships sanctioned by the World DanceSport Federation.
More About USA Dance:
USA Dance is a 501c3 non-profit organization, with 174 local chapters, 23,000 U.S. members who financially support the national programs and an outreach of more than 225,000 dancers and participants. USA Dance is recognized as leader in the dancesport and ballroom dance industry with the overall mission to improve the quality and quantity of ballroom dancing in America.
Important USA Dance programs include the support and establishment of new social chapters throughout the country, financial and training support of our country’s top athletes, organization and regulation of dancesport competitions at regional and national levels, encouragement of Special Olympics dancesport, K-12 after-school dance programs, support of seniors as recreational dancers and athletes, and the fostering of a healthy, production communications exchange within the media.
USA Dance administrative offices are located in Cape Coral, FL.
Interesting Facts About Carrie Ann Inaba:
- one of three Dancing With The Stars celebrity judges, appearing currently on the top-rated reality tv show’s 14th season, which began March 19;
- a veteran choreographer who has worked on some of the most popular shows in TV history, including American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance?;
- as a child, was first enchanted by the art of hula, a native Hawaiian dance;
- in her early years, played the piano, violin, volleyball and sang in the choir;
- her first dancer job was for the Emmy Award-winning television show “In Living Color,” and she became one of the first Asian-Americans to perform contemporary dance on national tv;
- a member of the Fly Girls, multi-ethnic dancers, who were at the forefront of bringing hip-hop to mainstream tv;
- National Celebrity Spokesperson for the Andrea Rizzo Foundation, funding Drea’s Dram for the creation of pediatric dance therapy program for children with cancer and special education needs;
- on the small screen, has appeared in Austin Powers II: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Flintstones II, Showgirls, Lord of Illusions and Boys and Girls;
- choreographed for enchanted primetime shows such as ABC’s Dance Wars, Dance Fever and American Juniors;
- a seasoned host and presenter of shows including 1vs100, TV Guide’s Red Carpet Live, Regis and Kelly and Live With Kelly, The View and the American Music Awards’ Red Carpet Exclusive;
- starred as Hannah Montana’s choreographer on the show.
From USA Dance:
“Through Carrie Ann’s drive to explore art and the world’s opportunities and her ability to stay determined in a difficult industry, she has found incredible success, sticking to her dance roots and always finding a way to help the community and the world open their minds to how incredible dancers are. To her, we are all extraordinary beings with immeasurable potential to grow, learn and break barriers. She believes our confinements are self made and are weak to our choice to explore it and our methods of breaking free.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Angela Prince, National Public Relations Director
704-888-3073 office - 704-507-2699 direct