USA DANCE - DanceSport Goals
- To serve as the National Governing Body for ballroom dancing and DanceSport in the United States subject to the statutes of : the International DanceSport Federation (IDSF); and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC);
- To organize and support programs for DanceSport for all ages and create affordable opportunities for the general public to participate in DanceSport.
- To promote amateur DanceSport as a sport both nationally and internationally and foster its inclusion in the Olympic and Pan American Games;
- To organize and support amateur DanceSport events internationally and nationally, including national, regional and local championships;
- To select the top DanceSport Athletes to represent the United States in the IDSF World DanceSport Championships and the World Games and finance their participation;
- To organize and support programs to increase the number of competitors and to assist in the elevation of dancing skills among amateurs competitors.
- To organize and foster educational programs among the public about the health, training, equipment, performance analysis, and sporting aspects of amateur dancesport.
- To organize and foster programs which assist in the expansion of amateur dancesport and assist in the elevation of dancing skills among amateurs including beginner development, intermediate development and elite level development.
- To encourage and provide assistance to amateur athletic programs and competitions for disabled individuals in dancesport, including, where feasible, the expansion of opportunities for meaningful participation by disabled individuals in dancesport competition.
- To provide and coordinate technical information on physical training, equipment design, coaching, and performance analysis.
- To encourage and support research, development, and dissemination of information in the areas of sports medicine and safety.
- To formulate standards and rules relating to the eligibility, organization, and conduct criteria for amateur dancesport events and ensure that these rules and standards are observed and maintained.
- To provide an equal opportunity to amateur athletes, coaches, trainers, managers, administrators, and officials to participate in amateur dancesport competitions, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, or national origin, and with fair notice and opportunity for a hearing to any amateur athlete, coach, trainer, manager, administrator, or official before declaring such individual ineligible to participate.
- To keep amateur athletes informed of policy matters and reasonably reflect the views of such athletes in its policy decisions.
- To organize and foster programs for dancesport in colleges, high schools, middle schools, and primary schools.