How to Start a Chapter
Thank you for your interest in developing a USA Dance Chapter in your community.
First, it is important to understand that a USA Dance Chapter is much more than just a local social dance club that hosts a few dances each year. Please review the Activities of Chapters. Then consider the following advantages or benefits of being a USA Dance Chapter.
Advantages or Benefits of being a USA Dance Chapter
- Free liability insurance coverage for the chapter dance events.
- Guidelines for operating a Chapter are provided to the Chapter officers after certification.
- Our IRS Section 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable/educational status helps gain access to use of community facilities suitable for social dances and/or workshops and encourages donations to chapters.
- The non-profit status enables chapters to generate considerable no cost publicity though press releases and PSA’s.
- Start-up funds are provided to newly certified Chapters to help with initial administrative expenses.
- Immediate consultation and assistance when problems are encountered.
- Contacts with other Chapters (over 160 nationally) and opportunities to cross promote each other’s activities.
- New members for the Chapter as callers reach our National toll free number or Web Site and are referred directly to the chapter.
- Your Chapter and its officials will have the status and prestige of being the local representative of the National Governing Body of amateur ballroom dancing and DanceSport.
Benefits to Individual Members
If you have not done so already, please visit our pages on Membership & Benefits and Social Dancers for information on the benefits of being an individual member of USA Dance.
How Chapters Are Started
We hope that with this fuller understanding of the purpose and activities of chapters, as well as the benefits generated by chapters, your interest in having a chapter in your community now is even stronger.
USA Dance Chapters are started by volunteers who function as Chapter Coordinators and provide local leadership to the project following the guidelines provided by our National organization. They are motivated by the desire to see more dance opportunities in their community and share our goal to educate the public about the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom dance.
Please call our Central Office at 1-800-447-9047 for details how a new chapter might be formed in your community.